Monday, May 04, 2009

Next On The Agenda, Rearranging The Deck Chairs


My post on Saturday about how in the aftermath of laying off 15 employees on Friday the News-Press was invoking further cost-cutting measures, drew this response from reader John Clarke.

Wow. Wendy and company have hit a new low in employee relations. I am reminded of a sign that I used to display in my office when the upper management came up with something along the lines of "signing out pencils."

The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.


* * *

I understand that in addition to laying off employees at the paper, there was also at least one lay-off from News-Press radio; Kat Shannon, who did news and traffic updates, was laid off on Friday.
© 2009 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com