Thursday, April 07, 2011

Bristol Farms the Money Tree, Charlie Calls It, "Winning!"


I have the definite feeling that the economy is improving. For example, on Tuesday evenings I teach a class downtown. We take a 20 minute break around 8 pm and I often use the break to take a short walk. I usually stroll by several of the nicer restaurants in town. Bouchon, Olio E Limone, Jane and Opal. What do they have in common? They're all packed. And on a weeknight evening no less.

It's not only here locally that there are signs of prosperity. Take the case of Charlie Sheen, the self-indulgent, spoiled actor who is best known these days for his drug use, failed marriages and custody disputes. He recently sold out live stage shows in Detroit and Chicago that consisted of little more than him ranting and repeating the phrases "Duh!" and "Winning!" Show me 5,000 people who will pay $75 to go see Charlie Sheen and I'll show you 5,000 people who have too much money to spend.

Reportedly his live show is getting better. But then again based on reviews of his initial shows, it couldn't have gotten any worse.

Speaking of having too much money to spend, how about that Bristol Palin! During 2010 she was paid $262,500 by a charity for advocating against teen pregnancy. That's about seven times what that same charity actually gave to teen pregnancy health clinics and counseling services.

Has "do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do," ever been this profitable?

Bristol Palin may have danced with the stars but she's singing all the way to the bank.

Like I said, all signs point to an improving economy.
© 2011 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com