Thursday, February 03, 2011

I've Got A Megaphone!


If you don't have a Film Fest Platinum Pass but you wanted to be treated as if you do, what might you say to a Festival volunteer and what might you get in response?

"I'm friends with Roger, he and I are down." "Yeah, you and every fool in town."



That's one of the lines you will hear if you listen carefully during the Film Fest's opening trailer for this year. Called," I've Got A Megaphone!" (at least that's what I think it's called) it spoofs the festival volunteers who are in charge of keeping order in the line to get into the theaters. It's animated and all done with Lego pieces. Harry Bossert, of England did the animation. Local musician, Parry Gripp, wrote the song.

And I do love that song!

I've heard someone describe it as being "hip-hop" but I'd say it's more techno. But then again, what do I know?

I don't know if that reputation the volunteers have for being bossy is well-deserved because they've always been nice to me. Then again, I've got a press pass.

And I know what you're thinking. "Yeah, you and every fool in town."
© 2011 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com