Friday, August 14, 2009

The Friday Mid-Day Update


Thought I'd try something new and give you a mid-day report that collects what I've been Twittering, Facebooking and feeding my friends since I woke up.

The talk of the town this morning is that Iya Falcone is really out of the race for mayor. I was a guest, via phone, with Catherine Remak on her morning radio show on KLITE to talk about it.

Coverage on the Falcone fiasco and how it happened is at The Daily Sound, Noozhawk and The Independent.

* * *

With Falcone's name off the ballot, I'm thinking tonight's candidates forum starting at 6 pm at Fess Parker's Doubletree, just got a whole lot more interesting.

* * *

Required reading this morning; Steve Lopez's column in the LA Times about the rising body count among Santa Barbara's homeless.

Lopez's column notwithstanding, the redesigned latimes.com website is so bad, it may succeed in driving readers back to the printed page.

* * *

The Santa Barbara News-Press gets mentioned in the movie, Julie & Julia.

* * *

Saw this item posted on Twitter this morning: "Fedex driver just ran over my cat Bella while driving quickly down a residential road and talking on his cell phone. Now how to tell kids?"

I guess you say to them, "Not only can FedEx deliver, they can execute as well."

Seriously, to all of you who insist on talking while driving, I beg you, put down the phone.
© 2009 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com