Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reagan Ranch Folks Yell Fire in Flap Over Media Exclusion


In response to my post of Tuesday on how the Daily Sound and the Independent were denied access by the Young America's Foundation to coverage of Sarah Palin's speech here last Friday I received the following e-mail from Brent Kilpper who is associated with the YAF:
A few points regarding your complaints about our denial of access to small business - KEYT was offered a spot ( by me ) to place their broadcast camera in the room, so the choice of the pool feed was theirs alone. Also, though there may have been physical space for additional reporters, fire codes prevented us from extending invitations.

I e-mailed Mr. Kilpper back and thanked him for his response and assured him that I would publish it. I also asked him that in light of Wendy McCaw's financial support of YAF and the fact that the News-Press had two people covering the event where other media outlets had none, whether he was concerned about the appearance that the News-Press might be buying access to YAF events?

It's been over 24 hours since I sent that e-mail to Mr. Kilpper and I have yet to receive a response.

Maybe I should have included a donation with my question?
© 2011 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com