Wednesday, August 13, 2008

News-Press Editorial Makes An Inflated Claim


I'm on the road for a couple of days so today's post will be brief.

Before I left town I got a look at the editorial in Tuesday's News-Press.

You might recall my post from last Friday where I mentioned that the Teamsters were passing out balloons at this year's Fiesta parade that said "Cancel Your News-Press subscription."

Well, the News-Press is claiming the baloons were passed out to small children putting their parents in a quandry: taking the balloons away and causing a tantrum or letting the kids display a "negative message" at the parade.

The paper cites this as another instance of Union intimidation.

Now, if the Teamsters really wanted to intimidate four or five year old kids they would have hired clowns to pass out those balloons.

In fact, some of the scariest clowns in this town are working in the publisher's suite at the News-Press.