Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bonus or No Bonus?


Yesterday in talking about how the various media outlets in town were rewarding their employees for the holidays, I reported that KEYT employees did not get their customary $100 bonus from minority owner Anne Smith Towbes.

I should let you know that at least one current KEYT employee, who wants their identity to remain confidential, disputes that claim and says that employees indeed did get their bonuses this year.

However, my original source for the information on the lack of bonuses, who also wants to remain confidential and who is well-positioned to know, stands by what they originally told me.

So, not having been there myself I'm in no position to say definitively which account is true or if the conflicting accounts can be reconciled. But I do want to assure those of you who are regular readers of mine that I do all I can to make sure that the facts I report on my blog are true. And, if anyone has more information on this issue, I welcome hearing from you. But bear in mind, I will need to know who you are. While I honor requests for confidentiality, I don't post information from anonymous sources.

And if I was indeed wrong, I sincerely apologize to Ms. Towbes.

Just thought that you ought to know.
© 2009 by Craig Smith and www.craigsmithsblog.com